ACT SOLO PIPING & DRUMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
AUSTRALIAN SOLO DRUMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Australian War Memorial, Treloar Crescent, CAMPBELL, ACT 2612
Sunday, 8 October 2017 (starting at 9:30 am)
(Wet weather alternative: Campbell High School, Treloar Crescent CAMPBELL ACT 2612)
As Part of the Canberra Highland Gathering the Canberra College of Piping and Drumming is proud to host the ACT Solo Piping & Drumming Championships. The championships are held the day after the highland gathering in the ground of the Australian War Memorial.
Entry and Payment Options
Entry can be by email or mail. Email entries should be sent to email@example.com and
should be received by Friday 22 September 2017. The email must:
• have in the heading “ACT Solo Piping and Drumming Championships 2017 Entry”;
• include the competitor’s full name;
• list the event or events the competitor is entering.
General Conditions of Entry
- The contest will be run in accordance with Pipe Bands Australia. Inc. rules currently in force.
- All competitors compete at their own risk.
- The organising committee reserves the right to reject any entry, curtail, postpone or cancel
any event or otherwise deal with the program as they deem necessary.
- Entries close Friday 22 September 2017.
- If a competitor fails to attend they will not be refunded the entry fee.
- Competitors may only enter in their registered grade.
- There must be two competitors in an event otherwise it will not proceed.
- If there are only two entries then 1st prize only will be awarded. If there are only three entries
then 1st and 2nd prizes only will be awarded. If there are four or more entries 1st, 2nd and 3rd
prizes will be awarded.
- If heats are required the first three place-getters in each heat will advance to the final.
- Champion piper and drummer events will be awarded five points for 1st place, three points for
2nd place and one point for 3rd place.
- The champion A Grade Piper must enter and play in the A Grade Piobaireachd event.
- In the event of a tie in the D Grade piping championships the 2/4 March placing will be used
to decide the winner.
- In the event of a tie in the C piping championship, the March event will decide the winner
- In the event of a tie in B Grade piping championships the March, Strathspey and Reel
placing will be used to decide the winner.
- In the event of a tie in the A Grade piping championships the Piobaireachd placing will be
used to decide the winner.
- In the event of a tie in A Grade drumming championships (both Australian and ACT
Championships) the March, Strathspey and Reel placing will be used to decide the winner.
Clarification or queries should be directed to Phil Weber on 0417 466 190 or Athol Chalmers on
Share on social media