ACT PIPE BAND CHAMPIONSHIPS
Kambah Oval, Kett St, Kambah, CANBERRA
Saturday, 7 October 2017 (starting at approximately 12:00 pm)
As part of the Canberra Highland Gathering each year the Canberra College of Piping and Drumming is proud to host the ACT Pipe Band Championships.
Band Contest Syllabus 2017
Event 1 Best Dressed Band Open Contest Rule B.6.02
Event 2 Juvenile Band Contest- Selection of Marches Rule B.3.01.04
Event 3 Grade 4 Band Contest March, Strathspey & Reel Rule B.3.01.03
Musical Selection Rule B.4.01 (3 - 5 minutes)
Event 4 Grade 3 Band Contest March, Strathspey & Reel Rule B.3.01.02
Musical Selection Rule B.4.01.01 (4 - 6 minutes)
Event 5 Grade 2 Band Contest March, Strathspey & Reel Rule B.3.01.01
Musical Selection Rule B.4.01.01 (5 - 7 minutes)
PRIZES & ENTRY FEES
EVENT 1st 2nd 3rd ENTRY
1 Best Dressed Band $100 $50 $30 NIL
2 Juvenile Band Contest $200 $150 $100 $40
3 Grade 4 Band Contest $300 $200 $100 $80
4 Grade 3 Band Contest $400 $250 $150 $90
5 Grade 2 Band Contest $2500 $1500 $1000 $100
The Grade 2 contest is proudly sponsored by ProBills Australia
The Grade 4 contest is proudly sponsored by St Kilda Retail
Followed by Scottish Ceilidh Night at Canberra Burns Club
Kett St, Kambah - 7.30pm ‘til late
Music by “Humbug”
FREE ENTRY TO CEILIDH
For more information about the College – www.canberracollegepipesdrums.org
The 2017 Canberra Burns Club Highland Gathering also receives generous support from the Scottish
Accessories Shoppe, Capital Honda, and Highland Titles.
This event is proudly supported by the ACT Government
ACT Pipe Band Championships: Saturday, 7 October 2017
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The Contest will be conducted in accordance with the APBA Inc. Contest Regulation 2012.
- Dress Points will not be included in the aggregate.
- The Organising Committee reserve the right to reject any entry, curtail, postpone or cancel any
event or otherwise deal with the programme as they deem it necessary.
- In all events prize money as advertised will be paid as follows:
1st Prize only if (2) two competitors
1st & 2nd Prize if (3) three competitors
1st, 2nd & 3rd Prize if (4) four or more competitors
- No entry fee will be refunded.
- Competitors take part entirely at their own risk.
- All Bands must participate in the Massed Band at the conclusion of the programme; non
attendance will result in loss of prize money.
- Bands will be permitted to play up to a higher grade as per the APBA contest regulation
currently in force. However, at least (1) one appropriately graded band must have entered for
the grade to be contested.
- Entries close last post Friday 22 September 2017 LATE ENTRIES MAY NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Ensemble Adjudication will be included.
- A point score trophy will be awarded to the CHAMPION BAND OF THE DAY
This will be awarded using the following formula:
1st Place 5 points - 2nd Place 3 points - 3rd Place 1 point for each of the sections in the band’s
own grade (i.e. Piping, Drumming & Ensemble) and Open Dress section of the contest.
1. Complete attached entry form and mail or email to Canberra College of Piping & Drumming
2. Payment options:
By cheque – payable to Canberra College of Piping & Drumming
Electronic funds transfer to:
Account Name: Highland Gathering account.
BSB: 032719 Account number: 511086 Ref: your band name.
TROPHIES MAY NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUNDS
Perpetual Trophies shall remain the property of the CANBERRA COLLEGE OF PIPING &
DRUMMING and reside in its care for safe keeping. Plaques will be presented to band and individual
Direct all inquiries to:
Phil Weber (ph; 0417 466 190)
Share on social media